Delivery Blocked

All Audi E-Tron Quattro related discussions
Captain-Paveman

Delivery Blocked

Post by Captain-Paveman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:54 am

Had a call yesterday from my Audi dealer saying my new Etron has been ‘blocked’ from being delivered to their dealership by Audi UK because of an unspecified issue with the virtual mirrors. They were unable to give any more info or say when my car would be delivered. Can anyone help me understand this ‘block’ as the dealership wouldn’t tell me or didn’t know themselves.

rrao56

Re: Delivery Blocked

Post by rrao56 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:04 am

Hi,
Welcome to this infrequently used forum.
Better off using the international one , as that has many members.(etronforum.com)
Congratulations on purchasing an e-Tron, I have had mine for 2 months and thoroughly enjoying it.
The issue with virtual mirror screen is that it suddenly goes very dim on the drivers side only, also losing touchscreen functionality and warning light for blind spot. It is very worrying when you are on the motorway and cannot see who is in the next lane or your blind spot. In fact it is illegal to drive without a driver side rear view. This has been happening intermittently to me, and following my complaint to Audi UK, at least two others have reported the same from UK, and more from USA. Apparently, Audi are working on a software update which was meant to have been released on 7th October, but doesn’t seem to have happened yet.
Best wishes
Raj
Last edited by rrao56 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audi RS6 :arrow: Audi S5 :arrow: BMW640i :arrow: Audi RSQ3 :arrow: BMW X3 M40i :arrow: :arrow: AUDI ETRON :o

Captain-Paveman

Re: Delivery Blocked

Post by Captain-Paveman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Thanks Raj - Audi dealer called me again today and said it was to do with an EU rule on electromagnetism and only affects right hand drive vehicles .... who knows how accurate that might be. He also confirmed that no new etron deliveries are being made in the UK as Audi UK have put a block on every single one of them. Switching to etronforum.com !

Return to “Main Audi E-Tron Quattro chat”